Hello, World!

Thomas Stegen

dandelion said:
Congrats.

It's lightyears off topic, too. Better pick up some book on netiquette.

Yeah, how dare he say hi before asking questions.

The incredible nerve. It is like going into a sportsbar
and buying a round before starting the discussion about sports.

Horrible, horrible behaviour.

Peter Hickman

Thomas said:
Yeah, how dare he say hi before asking questions.

The incredible nerve. It is like going into a sportsbar
and buying a round before starting the discussion about sports.

Horrible, horrible behaviour.

Actually I thought he was being ironic in a port-modernist kind of way. But then
I thought, 'what crap you speak'.

KiLVaiDeN

Hello, World! This is my first post.

I think we are lucky that very few people open a thread to say hello for
their first post.
It would be quite boring to read :)

Welcome anyways.

Thomas Stegen

Peter said:
Actually I thought he was being ironic in a port-modernist kind of way.
But then I thought, 'what crap you speak'.

Was the modernist ported to Linux and hence became a post-modernist?

Incidentally, which "he" are you referring to?

Christopher Benson-Manica

Thomas Stegen said:
Yeah, how dare he say hi before asking questions.

It sounds like a test post to me, and therefore better directed to a
test newsgroup.
The incredible nerve. It is like going into a sportsbar
and buying a round before starting the discussion about sports.

If OP had actually bought a round for us, he probably would have
received a hero's welcome...

Jack Klein

Yeah, how dare he say hi before asking questions.

The incredible nerve. It is like going into a sportsbar
and buying a round before starting the discussion about sports.

Horrible, horrible behaviour.

If he'd offered to buy a round, he would have gotten a friendlier
response.

E. Robert Tisdale

TheProgrammer said:
Hello, World! This is my first post.

Please read the welcome message:
I found it on Google Groups

+"Welcome to comp.lang.c!"

by searching for

+"Welcome to comp.lang.c!"

Bookmark the C FAQ

and consult it before asking a frequently asked question.

If you are looking for something [software],
please attempt a net search yourself first [using Google]

http://www.google.com/

then, if you can't find what you need,
tell us about your search
before asking for help to narrow your search.