Hello, World!

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by TheProgrammer, Dec 20, 2004.

  1. Hello, World! This is my first post.

    TheProgrammer, Dec 20, 2004

  2. TheProgrammer

    dandelion Guest

    Congrats.

    It's lightyears off topic, too. Better pick up some book on netiquette.

    dandelion, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Yeah, how dare he say hi before asking questions.

    The incredible nerve. It is like going into a sportsbar
    and buying a round before starting the discussion about sports.

    Horrible, horrible behaviour.

    Thomas Stegen, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Actually I thought he was being ironic in a port-modernist kind of way. But then
    I thought, 'what crap you speak'.

    Peter Hickman, Dec 20, 2004
  5. TheProgrammer

    KiLVaiDeN Guest

    I think we are lucky that very few people open a thread to say hello for
    their first post.
    It would be quite boring to read :)

    Welcome anyways.

    KiLVaiDeN, Dec 20, 2004
  6. Was the modernist ported to Linux and hence became a post-modernist?

    Incidentally, which "he" are you referring to?

    Thomas Stegen, Dec 20, 2004
  7. TheProgrammer

    noone Guest

    You should experiment scanf now instead of printf ;-)

    noone, Dec 20, 2004
  8. It sounds like a test post to me, and therefore better directed to a
    test newsgroup.
    If OP had actually bought a round for us, he probably would have
    received a hero's welcome...

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Dec 20, 2004
  9. TheProgrammer

    Jack Klein Guest

    If he'd offered to buy a round, he would have gotten a friendlier
    response.

    Jack Klein, Dec 21, 2004
  10. Please read the welcome message:
    I found it on Google Groups

    +"Welcome to comp.lang.c!"

    by searching for

    +"Welcome to comp.lang.c!"

    Bookmark the C FAQ

    and consult it before asking a frequently asked question.

    If you are looking for something [software],
    please attempt a net search yourself first [using Google]

    http://www.google.com/

    then, if you can't find what you need,
    tell us about your search
    before asking for help to narrow your search.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Dec 21, 2004
  11. TheProgrammer

    dandelion Guest

    Ok....

    I'll buy everyone a beer in the FooBar....

    dandelion, Dec 21, 2004