Help needed with Weave and XP and MSVC 6.0

zhuang

Hi,

I'm having some problems getting weave to work correctly. For now,
I'm just testing how to
access Numeric arrays under weave. My test code is:

from Numeric import *
import weave

a = zeros((5,5,5,5,5),typecode=Int16)
a[4,3,2,2,1] = 55.0

code = """

a[0,0,3,0,0] = 3.0;
printf("%d",a[4,3,2,2,1]);

"""

weave.inline(code,['a'] ,type_converters= weave.converters.blitz,
compiler='msvc')

The interperter is currently spitting out errors which ends in:
"AttributeError: array_info instance has no attribute 'msvc_msg'"

If I leave off the compiler keyword, the interperter then starts having
problems with
the type_converter. If l leave both keywords off, the code just doesn't
work.

On the other hand, I have had success saving Numeric arrays to file
using fwrite and opening them again with fread. I have a feeling that
my weave/python
install is messed up, but I'm not sure what's wrong. I first installed
MSVC 6, then the
Enthought package of python/weave. Has anybody ever experienced this
problem?