Help: Problem with ASP.NET 2.0 with VS 2005

Guest

After I saw Scott Guthrie's ASP.NET 2.0 with VS2005 seminar (which I think
was great because I got to see all the cool features of VS 2005), I created a
website using VS 2005 with option of File System. I used the login controls
to create the registration and login process. I tested it by running it with
VS 2005and it worked fine with everything going good.

So I decided to host it on IIS. First I ran into the problem of ASP.NET
version I got that resolved by selecting the right version (v 2.xxxx) of
ASP.NET in IIS. Now I am getting this error
"Failed to map the path '/tmWeb/App_GlobalResources'".
Stack trace:
Server Error in '/tmWeb' Application.
Failed to map the path '/tmWeb/App_GlobalResources'.
Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path
'/tmWeb/App_GlobalResources'.
Source Error:
Stack Trace:
[InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path
'/tmWeb/App_GlobalResources'.]
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(String virtualPath,
Boolean permitNull) +3516225
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(String
virtualPath) +43
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(String virtualPath) +55
System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(St
ring virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet
excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +45
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(String
virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet
excludedSubdirectories) +110
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +577
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager
appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory
configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)
+445
[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to map the path
'/tmWeb/App_GlobalResources'.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3427543
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +147
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50215.44; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50215.44

I tested couple of other options e.g. I created a website using personal
starter kit template and by choosing local IIS as the host, still got the
same error. Then I created a website and added one text line in default.aspx
and ran it, still got the same error.

I posted this issue on codeproject, asp.net forums, asp.net newsgroups and
even sent an email to Brian Johnson (editor of VS 2005 Developer Center, who
didn't even care to point me to some resource at MSDN). I didn't get any
solution.

I have one more question. Where is the connection string stored whenever I
use a Logon control on an asp page. The database is created by ASP.NET engine
but how does it access it? Under what kind of security context?

Joshie76

Hmm, that link didn't work to well, try again..

http://www.thejoyofcode.com/Failed_to_map_the_path_App_GlobalResources.aspx[/url - Joshie7