[help] Ruby execution on XP machine: Access is denied

Maurizio Pedriale

Hello everybody,
I need some help on a strange error I'm getting when I try to execute
ruby from command line.
I recently reinstalled everything on my HP laptop (XP sp3), and I've
also reinstalled ruby (1.8.6 with one-click installer). Since then I'm
unable to launch ruby from the command line, the message I get is
always: "Access is denied".
I tried to check and change security permissions on ruby installation
folder but nothing changed. The strange thing is that with NetBeans
(which is set to use the same ruby interpreter) the execution is fine.

Can anyone help me, please?

Roger Pack

unable to launch ruby from the command line, the message I get is
always: "Access is denied".

It does sound like a permissions setting, or it sometimes happens when
it tries to delete a file that's in use.
Try copying the ruby folder around, running it.

Maurizio Pedriale

Roger said:
It does sound like a permissions setting, or it sometimes happens when
it tries to delete a file that's in use.
Try copying the ruby folder around, running it.

Thank you Roger, I checked my firewall software (Comodo) event log and I
found that the executions were always blocked due to security policies.
Everything is fine now.

m.