Help:stuck in my project(voice recording through java, no-applet)

begineer

Hi Guys!

I am new to this group sorry if i am doing or asking anything wrong. I
am stuck in my recent project. I have to record voice from user
without using any applet and the project is fully JSP Servlet based.
Help me choosing the right codec or any useful links, wiki, code
samples are beneficial. I have to record the voice with the option of
play/pause so that once paused it can be appended before it is saved
or uploaded into server. preview option should be there.recording
format should be mp3 at least file has to be stored in mp3 format. I
want to make a form like below which have buttons like play/pause,
record, save; Server has to respond according to the button click. Any
help, suggestion or links will be helpful.

|play/pause| |record| |save| |

Thanks