Help wanted.

gregarican

A little over a week ago I started a project on RubyForge
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/tsapi). It's still early on but I would
like to ask anyone interested in joining the project as an additional
developer. The project requires access to a TSAPI-compliant PBX (or
access to a CSTA simulator that acts as a TSAPI-compliant PBX).

The project started out of a need I had to incorporate CTI screen pops
into a Ruby application I was working on. Since my app was written in
Ruby I wanted a Ruby method of working with the telephone system. Since
there were existing C headers and TSAPI documentation for what was
involved I began working the TSAPI into Ruby as a library.

The roadblock I have hit is that my PBX system isn't a true call center
ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) system. So some of the methods I am
trying to bring into my Ruby library won't be tested. For example,
telephone devices aren't treated as true ACD agents or agent groups on
my PBX. If anyone out there has worked with TSAPI development in the
past and has access to a true call center type of ACD system I'd love
your assistance.

If you love the concept of free open source software this is an ideal
outlet for your talent. I can tell you from experience that CTI
applications typically aren't free, and on the contrary are quite
expensive. So our combined efforts could help offset this obstacle that
faces many smaller organizations looking to implement CTI.

If you are interested, or just curious, please check out RubyForge and
drop me a note.

Thanks!