hi,guys.a puzzle with me

assiwe

I am confused about this group's history.In 'about this group',the
oldest tip is 1969. Why?Is it even older than google?

I'm not a English Speaker,so please tell me with junior school level
words.

Thank you very much .Love your money

Yang

I am confused about this group's history.In 'about this group',the
oldest tip is 1969. Why?Is it even older than google?

I'm not a English Speaker,so please tell me with junior school level
words.

Thank you very much .Love your money

Hi,please search the F*** web "Usenet"
I am not an English Speaker too.
Regards.

Ben Bacarisse

assiwe said:
but why the oldest time is 1969?

It's just a mistake by Google. There is one post listed for Dec 1969
and then nothing for 17 years. If you click on the that one post,
Google can't display it -- the listing is simply wrong.

The technical reason for Google to get this wrong is almost topical
here. The C function that constructs a time_t value from a date returns
(time_t)-1 when it fails. If this value is misused, it can appear to be
one second before the start of the "epoch" and many systems use Jan 1st
1970 as the start of the epoch. Ignoring the error return could give a
date in Dec 1969 when the time_t value is converted back to a date. I
have no idea, of course, if this is what is actually happening.

assiwe

It's just a mistake by Google.  There is one post listed for Dec 1969
and then nothing for 17 years.  If you click on the that one post,
Google can't display it -- the listing is simply wrong.

The technical reason for Google to get this wrong is almost topical
here.  The C function that constructs a time_t value from a date returns
(time_t)-1 when it fails.  If this value is misused, it can appear to be
one second before the start of the "epoch" and many systems use Jan 1st
1970 as the start of the epoch.  Ignoring the error return could give a
date in Dec 1969 when the time_t value is converted back to a date.  I
have no idea, of course, if this is what is actually happening.

oh,i got it.Thank you very much