hi,what is the meaning of int main(array<System::String ^> ^args)

Baby Lion

it just makes me feel confusing ...
what does ^ mean , and how to use it .

thanks,

Victor Bazarov

Baby said:
it just makes me feel confusing ...
what does ^ mean , and how to use it .

The meaning of ^ in the subject line is unknow in comp.lang.c++
because it's *not C++*. Please ask in the appropriate newsgroup.
Look for one with 'dotnet' it its name.

In C++ ^ is the Exclusive OR operator.

Barry

Baby said:
it just makes me feel confusing ...
what does ^ mean , and how to use it .

thanks,
It's C++/CLR, not standard C++. String^ is a reference class define like

ref class String

it's OT here,
try some dot net NG.

James Kanze

it just makes me feel confusing ...
what does ^ mean , and how to use it .

Generally, ^ means exclusive or, and it can only appear in
expressions.

In the example in your subject line, it means that you're not
dealing with a C++ program, but a program in some other
language, and that you'll have to ask about it in a forum
dedicated to that language. (It's not a language I know, but
there are a lot of languages I don't know: C#, perhaps?)

tragomaskhalos

It's C++/CLR, not standard C++.

That should read C++/CLI, although googling
C++/CLR turns up a fair few hits so the
confusion is apparently quite widespread.
A "binding" say Microsoft, a completely different
language say others.
it's OT here,
try some dot net NG.

Yes.