How can i copy a html site with all images?

BerndMetzler

Hi
All i want is to copy a html site with its content. The problem is when i
use Strg+V it doesnt take the pictures? So how can i easily copy the
content and paste it into word file and work with the text and all the
images?
thx

Barbara de Zoete

All i want is to copy a html site with its content. The problem is when i use
Strg+V it doesnt take the pictures? So how can i easily copy the content and
paste it into word file and work with the text and all the images?

And this is related to alt.html because of ... ?

How on earth is this
stealing-and-presenting-someone-elses-content-as-my-homework-assignment-thingy
on-topic in this newsgroup?

Hywel Jenkins

Hi
All i want is to copy a html site with its content. The problem is when i
use Strg+V it doesnt take the pictures? So how can i easily copy the
content and paste it into word file and work with the text and all the
images?

Save the page and all of its content.

Hywel Jenkins

And this is related to alt.html because of ... ?

How on earth is this
stealing-and-presenting-someone-elses-content-as-my-homework-assignment-thingy
on-topic in this newsgroup?

Ask Richard the Stupid.

Richard

Hi
All i want is to copy a html site with its content. The problem is when
use Strg+V it doesnt take the pictures? So how can i easily copy the
content and paste it into word file and work with the text and all the
images?
thx

You want to copy a site and put it up on your own site?
Sorry. But due to legal issues, you could get slapped with a hefty lawsuit.
If you're doing so for your own personal use on YOUR local PC, then that's
not a problem.
No fancy script to do it with.
Just learn how to use your browser.

Travis Newbury

Barbara said:
And this is related to alt.html because of ... ?
How on earth is this
stealing-and-presenting-someone-elses-content-as-my-homework-assignment-thingy
on-topic in this newsgroup?

Why do you assume that they are stealing anything? No chance it could
be there own site, or just want to read it off line in full?

On a similar note, why is it not considered stealing when I can find all
of the images from my site on google? They are stealing my images and
bandwidth when someone views my image. Not to mention they are making
money off me (in a round about way via ads) by selling the ability to
search my images having my images indexed on their site.

CarolW.

[snip]
On a similar note, why is it not considered stealing when I can find all
of the images from my site on google? They are stealing my images and
bandwidth when someone views my image. Not to mention they are making
money off me (in a round about way via ads) by selling the ability to
search my images having my images indexed on their site.

Use a robots.txt and disallow Google's image spider - could also do
likewise for Yahoo's and other places image spiders - to not have your
images indexed in the Image Search area.

I won't discuss 'stealing' thoughts since Google's image search was
found once, by a judge, to not be infringing on copyrights. The iamge
search has also helped some folks find their images used on other
sites [without permission]. Either way, you can opt to let your images
be indexed or not.

Carol

(Pete Cresswell)

Per BerndMetzler:
All i want is to copy a html site with its content. The problem is when i
use Strg+V it doesnt take the pictures? So how can i easily copy the
content and paste it into word file and work with the text and all the
images?

Using IE 6, I either so a File|Save As and save it as HTML or I invoke a little
utility called "SiteSnagger".

saz

Per BerndMetzler:

Using IE 6, I either so a File|Save As and save it as HTML or I invoke a little
utility called "SiteSnagger".

I use HTTrack at http://www.httrack.com

I am assuming there is a valid reason for this. I have used this
product many times for new clients that require a back up of their
original site and can't find their original disk or usernames/passwords.

Greg Schmidt

All i want is to copy a html site with its content. The problem is when i
use Strg+V it doesnt take the pictures? So how can i easily copy the
content and paste it into word file and work with the text and all the
images?

Opera has a "Save with images as..." menu option. AFAIK, none of IE,
Netscape, Mozilla or Firefox has similar functionality.

(Pete Cresswell)

Per Greg Schmidt:
Opera has a "Save with images as..." menu option. AFAIK, none of IE,
Netscape, Mozilla or Firefox has similar functionality.

When I save via IE 6, it saves the images automatically. No option.

Henry

BerndMetzler said:
Hi
All i want is to copy a html site with its content. The problem is when
i use Strg+V it doesnt take the pictures? So how can i easily copy the
content and paste it into word file and work with the text and all the
images?
thx

Try Teleport.

http://www.tenmax.com/teleport/pro/home.htm

Great way to backup your web pages and your customers. Also you can
d/load the site which you are going to work on.

Also, great way to learn, how others are doing it as well.

;)