How can I correct an error in an old post?

Blair P. Houghton

Bryan said:
There's no magic there. Get them the same way Google and
Dejanews got them, plus you might scrape Google, from some
locality with favorable laws.

You can do it in America, as long as you don't use their value-added
formatting or data.

Hence, stripping their headers from every message, and un-framing
the messages from their bins.

The original data, with its owner-copyrighted,
revokably-licensed-by-default
attributes, can be recovered.

But some messages can't be seen because their owners already
asked Google not to display them. They're still in the archive:
Google has as much right as anyone to keep what you sent them.
They just don't have the right to display them next to their ads if
you revoke their license. But missing messages are comparatively
rare.

--Blair

Jorgen Grahn

Jorgen Grahn wrote: ....
I probably was. I also missed the (in retrospect, fairly clear)
implication that it was an old *c.l.py* post that was being discussed.

Okay.

Naturally, due to my prediction that the thread would die or the OP would
resurface with on-topic stuff, the thread stayed alive and offtopic and the
OP never came back. I'll stop now, honestly ;-)

/Jorgen