How can I print a traceback without raising an exception?

Gerald Britton

In the following example, I raise an exception in function h() which
prints a traceback. I would like to know how I can get a similar
display on my terminal without raising an exception. That is, can I
replace "raise Exception" in function h() with some sequence of
instructions (possibly using the inspect module) that will generate a
similar call trace of how I got to that point?

Example:
.... g()
........ raise Exception # Replace with something to generate a call trace
....Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "<stdin>", line 2, in f
File "<stdin>", line 2, in g