How do I remotely access Scheduled Tasks from Windows XP to Windows Server 2003?

kj7ny

How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using
Python?

I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the
win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows
2003 servers. It works great.

However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the
scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then
manipulate those task settings.

At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then
be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will. It would be
better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that
I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get.

Thanks,

Roger Upole

kj7ny said:
How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using
Python?

I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the
win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows
2003 servers. It works great.

However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the
scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then
manipulate those task settings.

At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then
be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will. It would be
better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that
I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get.

Thanks,

Pywin32 comes with a module that lets you do this, win32com.taskscheduler.
You can use PyITaskScheduler.SetTargetComputer to access tasks on remote
machines.

Roger

kj7ny

Pywin32 comes with a module that lets you do this, win32com.taskscheduler.
You can use PyITaskScheduler.SetTargetComputer to accesstaskson remote
machines.

Roger

http://www.newsfeeds.comThe #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

I FINALLY found taskscheduler (with the help of your post). I found
it under

...\Python243\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\taskscheduler

.... and, there seems to be a /test/ directory with some examples.
Haven't tried them yet, but they should get me started.

Thanks,

fynali

I FINALLY found taskscheduler (with the help of your post). I found
it under

...\Python243\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\taskscheduler

... and, there seems to be a /test/ directory with some examples.
Haven't tried them yet, but they should get me started.

Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

kj7ny, could you post back here to learn from?

Thanks.

s|a fynali