How do I trap the Refresh page events?

Jack Wright

Dear All,
I would like to disable the Refresh events like (F5, Ctrl+R,
RightClick Mouse + Refresh, Ctrl+N)...
I have been able to solve F5 and RightClick Mouse + Refresh...how to I
trap or ignore Ctrl+R or Ctrl+N...

Please help

TALIA

Many Regards
Sunil

Richard Cornford

Jack said:
I would like to disable the Refresh events like (F5, Ctrl+R,
RightClick Mouse + Refresh, Ctrl+N)...
I have been able to solve F5 and RightClick Mouse + Refresh...how to I
trap or ignore Ctrl+R or Ctrl+N...

It cannot reliably be done. Instead what you do is identify what makes
the user refreshing the browser a problem and fix that. It is usually a
server-side process that has been designed in a way that is not
appropriate for its operation over HTTP. A little more thought in the
area of server side session management can usually render a client's
attempts to refresh a page insignificant.

Richard.

Randy Webb

Jack said:
Dear All,
I would like to disable the Refresh events like (F5, Ctrl+R,
RightClick Mouse + Refresh, Ctrl+N)...
I have been able to solve F5 and RightClick Mouse + Refresh...how to I
trap or ignore Ctrl+R or Ctrl+N...

Its easy, you don't. Besides, Ctrl+N doesn't refresh the page, it opens
a new window with the same document. Fix the problem that refresh causes
and your problems go away.