How to avoid display of filename in URL

RAZZ

Hi,

When I login to my site initially it load index.php by default. We
can't see the page name index.php displayed in URL.

But when I click to some link on this page it will display the whole
path with file name on address bar and URL. I need that it should not
display my php files names on address bar and URL, how should I
achieve it?

AnrDaemon

Greetings, RAZZ.
When I login to my site initially it load index.php by default. We
can't see the page name index.php displayed in URL.
But when I click to some link on this page it will display the whole
path with file name on address bar and URL. I need that it should not
display my php files names on address bar and URL, how should I
achieve it?

Don't write links containing file names. But what is Your PHP question?

rf

AnrDaemon said:
Greetings, RAZZ.

Don't write links containing file names. But what is Your PHP question?

For that matter what is the Javascript question?

Betikci Boris

Hi,

When I login to my site initially it load index.php by default. We
can't see the page name index.php displayed in URL.

But when I click to some link on this page it will display the whole
path with file name on address bar and URL. I need that it should not
display my php files names on address bar and URL, how should I
achieve it?

Site</a>

This link returns the id of 12345 to the index.php or whatever...

you can see that on youtube.com watch?v=LllLLllLLL watch.php?v=...

with fwslash goes to index.php without slash goes to *.php

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

DS said:
LOL. This is really an Apache question.

Not at all. Although not only the OP failed to recognize that, it is about
how URI references work as the OP already has the index document of their
Web server configured properly. Read RFC 3986.

F'up2 cl.php

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Gene said:
Your problem is complex, your description vague.

Nonsense. It could not be simpler and the description of it could not be
more clear.
But, IF are running Apache web server, a possible solution for you might
be to look into Apache's mod_rewrite extension that would give you a
rule-based rewriting engine to rewrite requested URLs on the fly.

Break, fly, wheel.

F'up2 cl.php

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jerry said:
Thomas said:
DS said:
LOL. This is really an Apache question.
Not at all. Although not only the OP failed to recognize that, it is about
how URI references work as the OP already has the index document of their
Web server configured properly. Read RFC 3986.

F'up2 cl.php
[...]

This has absolutely nothing to do with PHP. If it isn't Apache, then it
must be javascript.

Nonsense, it has nothing to do with "javascript", and using ECMAScript
implementations is not going to help here. Besides, you are overlooking
that the language has nothing to do with the place where it is used.
ECMAScript implementations can be used server-side as PHP can be used
client-side.
PHP has nothing at all to do with the URL processing.

Because of the mere fact that the OP uses PHP server-side, cl.php was and is
the group in the *already existing crosspost* where the problem would have
to be discussed further, if it requires to be discussed further.
fup'd back to c.l.javascript

Idiot. You are not required to reply to a followup to a crossposting
posting that contains a F'up2 header to "turn it around". Learn to
understand how Usenet works, including how to quote.

X-Post & F'up2 cl.php

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

[posted and mailed]

Jerry said:
Thomas said:
Jerry said:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
DS wrote:
LOL. This is really an Apache question.
Not at all. Although not only the OP failed to recognize that, it is about
how URI references work as the OP already has the index document of their
Web server configured properly. Read RFC 3986.

F'up2 cl.php
[...]
This has absolutely nothing to do with PHP. If it isn't Apache, then it
must be javascript.
Nonsense, it has nothing to do with "javascript", and using ECMAScript
implementations is not going to help here. Besides, you are overlooking
that the language has nothing to do with the place where it is used.
ECMAScript implementations can be used server-side as PHP can be used
client-side.

Then you shouldn't fup it to an inappropriate newsgroup.

The newsgroup in the Followup-To header value was not inappropriate, as I
have pointed out. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not to
"followup back".

Your replying solely to comp.lang.javascript with additional Followup-To:
comp.lang.javascript shows that you have still now understood how NetNews works.

F'up2 poster

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

[posted and mailed]

Jerry said:
Thomas said:
Jerry said:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
F'up2 cl.php
[...]
This has absolutely nothing to do with PHP. If it isn't Apache, then it
must be javascript.
Nonsense, it has nothing to do with "javascript", and using ECMAScript
implementations is not going to help here. Besides, you are overlooking
that the language has nothing to do with the place where it is used.
ECMAScript implementations can be used server-side as PHP can be used
client-side.

Then you shouldn't fup it to an inappropriate newsgroup.

The newsgroup in the Followup-To header value was not inappropriate, as I
have pointed out. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not to
"followup back".

Your replying solely to comp.lang.javascript with additional Followup-To:
comp.lang.javascript shows that you have still not understood how NetNews works.

F'up2 poster

PointedEars

AnrDaemon

Greetings, Jerry Stuckle.
That's great if you have a one page site.

It is not my problem, yes? :)
And even more, it is w3c recommendation to NOT expose any underlying
technology by prefixing/suffixing URI's with technology-specific data (s.a.
".php" or the like).

Toby A Inkster

Jerry said:
That is not what W3C recommends. They only recommend not changing URLs.

Indeed. However, they do recommend the avoidance of technology-specific
URLs as a means to achieving the ultimate goal of stable URLs.

So it's counter-productive to go around *changing* existing technology-
specific URLs to more neutral ones; but a good idea to use technology-
neutral URLs for new pages.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 27 days, 17:56.]

Bottled Water
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/02/18/bottled-water/