how to enable directory browsing for asp.net web site?

DAXU

Hi,

I want to enable directory browsing for an internal web site so that
people can see which directory is added or removed.

I created a web site on IIS manager and click Directory browsing from
home directory tab and untick "enable default content page" from
document tab.

From the local machine where the IIS server is running, the
directories are listed without any problem. But from a remote machine,
it just give me a 404 -"The page cannot be found".

Can someone tell me why and is there something I need to do?

Many Thanks

Jerry

Michael Nemtsev

Which url you are trying to open from local PC and outside?
do u allow anonymous connection to your site?