How to ensure proper install of GNU GMP on Windows ?

Jasper

Hello c++'ers, I followed the directions on how to install GNU GMP for
windows (below and on the URL) http://www.cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/
and I don't notice any performance gain..in Perl one is supposed to
place this in the code:
use Math::BigFloat lib => 'GMP';

But I notice ZERO difference in calculation speed..I realize this is a
C++ board, but I am wondering if there is anyone who knows how to
verify installation, or any tricks to ensure the library is actually
being used, like executing the program in the GMP directory or
something.. any tips would be appreciated..

Thank you,
Jasper Marzin
******************
Installing GMP on Windows:
Install latest Cygwin. Make sure that you choose to install "gcc",
"m4" and "make" since the default installation doesn't include them.
Download latest GMP from GNU MP to ${gmp_download}.
Run "Cygwin Bash", unzip and untar GMP into ${gmp_build} using
following command:
cd ${gmp_build}
tar xzvf ${gmp_download}/gmp-x.x.x.tar.gz
Configure GMP for compilation:
cd gmp-x.x.x
./configure --prefix=${gmp_install}
Build GMP:
make
Install GMP header files and lib files:
make install

Thomas Matthews

Jasper said:
Hello c++'ers, I followed the directions on how to install GNU GMP for
windows (below and on the URL) http://www.cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/
and I don't notice any performance gain..in Perl one is supposed to
place this in the code:
use Math::BigFloat lib => 'GMP'; [snip]

Thank you,
Jasper Marzin

Your issue has nothing to do with the _standard_ C++ language.
I suggest you try asking down the street in a GNU newsgroup.
Read the Welcome.txt and FAQ below for a list of newsgroups.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt