How to gather information about the system hardware?

Florencio Cano

Hi,
I'm looking for a method of gathering information about the system
hardware and software installed using Python. I would like to do it in
UNIX and in Windows. I think that it would be good in Windows to look
in the registry and be able to parse and search it. Any pointer to
information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

s0suk3

Hi,
I'm looking for a method of gathering information about the system
hardware and software installed using Python. I would like to do it in
UNIX and in Windows. I think that it would be good in Windows to look
in the registry and be able to parse and search it. Any pointer to
information would be appreciated.
Thanks.

The 'platform' module gives a lot of information about the hardware
and OS. To access the Windows Registry, you can use the '_winreg'
module.