how to get a visual studio 2005 Web Setup Project to set the version on the virtual folder i

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rgsiii, May 3, 2006.

  1. rgsiii

    rgsiii Guest

    I have serveral web sites that I need to deploy using a Visual Studio
    2005 Web Setup Project.

    The target IIS has both .NET 1.1 and 2.0 installed.

    So, I need the setup project to set the ASP.NET Version property on the
    new virtual folder.

    The setup does everything else correctly, it creates the virtual
    folder, copies the files, creates the application.

    But, it leaves the ASP.NET Version at 1.1 and I need it set to 2.0.

    This would accomplish the same result as running:
    ...\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/MyVirtualFolder
    from the command line, but without having to write all the plumbing and
    custom actions to do it this way.

    Thanks in advance!

    rgsiii, May 3, 2006