How to copy a visual studio 2005 web project with another name

Vili

How to copy a visual studio 2005 web project with another name?

I have a visual studio project 2005 web project "myWebSite1" in visual
source safe
I would like to copy this project with another name so that there
would be two projects "myWebSite1" and "myWebSite2" and then place the
second one also in source safe.

I haven't found a good solution for this problem any where. Can
someone help?

Tuomo

Vili

Do you mean right click the project in the Solution Explorer? There is
no publish.. just publish web site and build web site

There is no 'Publish' selection anywhere

Tuomo

Vili

Nothing helps. I still can't copy my asp.net project and get it to
work. I tried to export it as a template and use it to create a new
project but got an error: "A target file name within VSTemplate file
is invalid, it contains a fully qualified file name"

Why is this so hard?

It should be simple "Save Project as..." menu item, but no.

Losing my temper

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Why is this so hard?

It isn't, really.

Here's a simple procedure which will do the job for you :

1. copy the physical directory to a directory named to your liking
2. Create a blank (empty) project with whatever name you want for your new (copied) project
3. Use the VS 2005 menu item: "Project", then "Add existing file" and select the files you want to add.

You'll wind up with a brand-new project which is a copy of your old project, in next to no time.