how to get trackbar onto a web page?

Geoff Cox

Hello,

I have a small app which uses a trackbar which I wrote using Visual
C++ 200 Express Beta 2 and would like to have it available as a web
page.

Any ideas on how to do this? Visual Web Developer Express Beta 2 does
not seem to be able to do it ...

Thanks

Geoff

Guest

You would need to build it into an Active-X control. You could then reference
it using an object tag in the web page. I'm not sure about all of the
specifics. Google for "Active-X in Web Page". That should give you a head
start.

The only catch is that Active-X controls are supported only by Internet
Explorer (there may be a few exceptions to this rule, but I'm not aware of
any other browsers that support Active-X.)

Also, a trackbar could be simulated using a couple images and some
sophisticated javascripting. You probably should do some research into this
method, as it would more likely provide support for use in a wider variety of
browsers.

-- FooleyCooley13

Geoff Cox

You would need to build it into an Active-X control. You could then reference
it using an object tag in the web page. I'm not sure about all of the
specifics. Google for "Active-X in Web Page". That should give you a head
start.

Will do that - thanks.
Also, a trackbar could be simulated using a couple images and some
sophisticated javascripting. You probably should do some research into this
method, as it would more likely provide support for use in a wider variety of
browsers.

Yes, I have come across following which looks good.

http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/slider/slider.html

Cheers

Geoff