How to hide the full url of a website and only display the domain name?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nikron, May 31, 2006.

  1. Nikron

    Nikron Guest

    Nikron, May 31, 2006

  2. Nikron

    parshu Guest

    One of the possible way is using Frames. If you use Frame and disable
    right click then u can hide the hyperlink.
    As for the default page such as Index.aspx, these pages aren't show
    because they r by default mapped in ur IIS default document.

    HTH

    parshu, May 31, 2006

  3. Nikron

    Nikron Guest

    Howzit parshu,

    thanks for the reply but I can't disable the right click in my app.
    Surely there is some kind of setting that will hide the page name in
    the browser url box.

    Nikron, May 31, 2006
  4. Nikron

    parshu Guest

    Till date i've seen 2 possible ways to hide the page name, 1 is using
    Frames and other is using Window.open to popup a new window. There
    isn't any method that comes to my mind to hide the page names. Sorry,
    that's all i can help.

    Regards

    parshu, May 31, 2006
  5. Nikron

    Mark Rae Guest

    As has been mentioned, frames is the easiest way to do this.

    However, it's generally considered to be a fairly pointless exercise, and
    can cause lots of problems. E.g. if you have a site wrapped in a
    browser-wide frame, and part of that site requires SSL, you won't see the
    padlock in the browser's statusbar etc...

    Mark Rae, May 31, 2006
  6. Nikron

    Patrice Guest

    There is no way then. The browser must know the location. If the location is
    known from the browser it can be known from the user...

    Are you doing something that is not legal ? ;-)

    Patrice, May 31, 2006
  7. Nikron

    Mark Rae Guest

    I was wondering that too...