How to install aspnet_regiis.exe on server

madmanpierre

I have problems with validation which several messages here say "run
aspnet_regiis" with -c or other options.

The problem I'm having now is it won't run. When I try to install 1.1 the
server tells me it won't because I already have it installed.

When I try to copy aspnet*.* from one machine to the server and run the
server, I get a raft of different runtime exceptions (depending on which
files I've copied over)

So ... how do I install aspnet_regiis on this Windows 2003 server?

Mohamed El Ashmawy

Hello,
Windows 2003 has .Net Framework 1.1 installed by default. YOu don't need to
re-insatll it.
You need to enable ASP.Net though from IIS.
Open IIS Administration tool, and choose Service Extensions. You'll find
that ASP.Net is disabled by default. Please enable it

Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC