How to keep effects of image filters going for some seconds?

Ren Wenshan

Hello, every pythoner.

Firstly, I want to mention that English is my second language, so
maybe there are some sentences which makes you confused, sorry.

I have been learning Panda3D, an open source 3D engine, these days.
Now, I'm trying to write a small game for fun and practice. However,
I've ran into a problem.

I want to make some speical effects and there is my code:

def ventose(self):

global potato_HP

if potato_HP[0] == 1 and potato_HP[1] == 0:
if random() > .30:
self.filters.setCartoonInk(separation = 0.8)
self.robotVincent.resetHead.start()
self.decreaseVincentHP()
Wait(3)
self.fliters.delCartoonInk()

However, it doesn't work, the CartoonInk effect will never been shown
in my game and I don't want my game to wait three seconds, what I need
is to keep the effect for a period of time while the game run as well.

Besides that, I also want to show a counting back like "3", then "2",
then "1", finally "Go".

As a beginner, I don't know how to do them properly.

Please give me some directions, thank you.

Terry Reedy

[...]

The generic answer is to turn CartoonInk on and set a timed event for
now+ 3 secs to turn it off. You will have to understand how to interact
with the Panda event loop. For a more specific answer, follow Donn's
advice -- Panda forum. I know there was one when I looked at Panda a
year ago.
Besides that, I also want to show a counting back like "3", then "2",
then "1", finally "Go".

Ok, instead to events set 1 sec in future.

Terry Jan Reedy

Vincent Ren

[...]

thx, I've sloved my proble with doMethodLater()