how to loop through a directory and hyperlink to all files

mrmagoo

I want to loop through a directory and list all files in hyperlinks. Then
when you click on a hyperlink, it opens the file in whatever application it
needs. For now I need to do this with Adobe Acrobat, but I'd like to know
how to do this for Excel, etc.

Can anyone show me some code? I've looked on google and found only
fragments, surprisingly.

Ray Booysen

mrmagoo said:
I want to loop through a directory and list all files in hyperlinks. Then
when you click on a hyperlink, it opens the file in whatever application it
needs. For now I need to do this with Adobe Acrobat, but I'd like to know
how to do this for Excel, etc.

Can anyone show me some code? I've looked on google and found only
fragments, surprisingly.
I actually wrote a usercontrol which binds the contents of a directory
to a datagrid (ASP.NET 1.1) and displays the files and folders with
clickable links. Its late for me now, but I'll try to post some code
tomorrow.

Email me to remind me. ;)

mrmagoo

Ooh, I'd love to see that.

Ray Booysen said:
I actually wrote a usercontrol which binds the contents of a directory
to a datagrid (ASP.NET 1.1) and displays the files and folders with
clickable links. Its late for me now, but I'll try to post some code
tomorrow.

Email me to remind me. ;)

Joined
Jan 9, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm looking for something very similar.. Can you email the user control to me as well?

Thanks so much in advance!!