How to make image that show some web page?

Guest

How to make image (jpg or gif) that show some web page?
Is it possible with perl language?

Tnx

Martan

Brian McCauley

How to make image (jpg or gif) that show some web page?

What do you mean by "show some web page"?

Do you mean generate a static image of what a web page would look like
when viewed by some browser?

If so see recent thread on this exact question.

Or are you asking if either of the image formats supports hotlinks? I
think not, you usually would achive this with an HTML file that embeds
the image and has an imagemap. There are also richer image-like
formats (PDF, Flash, SVG) that do support hyperlinks. (I could of
course be wrong - this as nothing to do with Perl).
Is it possible with perl language?

Writing a full-featured graphical web browser in Perl would
theoretically be possible but not practical.

Using Perl to remotely control "mechanise" an existing graphical web
browser is a well established technique.

Using Perl to write HTML is also a well established technique.