how to pop up a Modeless Dialog only when some conditions are reached?

ywchan

I have implemnt a onBlur event of a text input.

In the event, a window with all records which related to the text
input will be shown.
However, I don't want to pop up the window in case there is no records
that matching the text input.

Any idea ?
Thanks

ywchan

Use the onchange instead. If I go to the field, change it, leave, see the popup
and then go back to it (either intentionally or by mistake) and don't change
anything, when I leave, I will get the popup again. Onchange only fires when
its actually changed.

Where are you having to check for "records"? In a js array, or on the server?

Yeah, lots of ideas.

Welcome.

Actually, I will use the value input by user and check whether there
are records exist in database(using vb script).
I would like to know how to pop up a window only when certain
conditions are satisified.
Can I get the value input by user and immediately use in vb script for
checking?
Thanks