How to re-position scrollbar after reloading an aspx page.

Jorge Luzarraga Castro

Hey,

hope you can help with this. I have an aspx page which contains several User
Control. At the beggining there´s only one visible User Control but after
working with the page additional UC begin showing up which means the page
gets longer so the scroll bar is needed to reach the ones at the bottom. The
problem I have is that when I´m working with the user control at the bottom
of the page and this page needs to be reloaded the scrollbar position resets
to the top. I need to know if there is a way to tell Internet Explorer to
return to the position where the scrollbar was before reloading.

Thanks in advance.

sreejith.ram

SmartNavigation can maintain control focus between page postbacks.
it would only work on Internet Explorer

<%@ Page smartNavigation="True" ...%>

Jorge Luzarraga Castro

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you mentioned and it seemed to work until
I reach a User Control whcich contains a special grid as you may see in the
attached picture. This gird was created by using Microsoft.web.UI.webcontrol
dll. Any idea?

Patrick.O.Ige

Yeah that could be tough with that WebControl!
Are you using the ASPNET 1.1 webcontrol or the one with ASPNET 2.0?
Patrick

Jorge Luzarraga Castro

ASPNET 1.1.