  1. Victoria

    Victoria Guest

    How to remove HTML markup tags from the stream as it is read ?

    Victoria, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Hi Victoria,

    As you are reading in characters from the stream, if you can assume that the
    HTML is valid, well-formed XHTML, then this is a relatively easy task.

    It's just a matter of figuring out if you are inside of < and > , or if you
    are outside.

    Create another output stream that you will write your results to.
    Start parsing your input stream, and for each character you encounter:

    if it is outisde of < and > then print it to the output stream
    else
    don't.

    You are going to need to post more information about your problem, though,
    if you need more direction than that. Posting what you have already
    attempted is usually a very good way to elicit responses from the group.

    -CV

    Collin VanDyck, Mar 1, 2004