    how can we select a row in a gridview with out select column and get
    events fired

    thanks

    Dinu, Aug 1, 2007

  2. <asp:GridView ID="MyGridView" runat="server"
    OnRowDataBound="MyGridView_RowDataBound"
    OnSelectedIndexChanged="MyGridView_SelectedIndexChanged">
    </asp:GridView>

    protected void MyGridView_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs
    e)
    e.Row.Attributes.Add("onclick",
    ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(MyGridView, "Select$" +
    e.Row.RowIndex.ToString()));
    e.Row.Style.Add("cursor", "pointer");

    protected void MyGridView_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    string strSelectedID = MyGridView.SelectedValue.ToString();
    }

    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 1, 2007

  3. Dinu

    Dinu Guest

    It is not working, the page got hanged (i am using vb.net as code-
    behind)

    Protected Sub gvwServices_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
    As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles
    gvwServices.RowDataBound
    e.Row.Attributes.Add("onclick",
    ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(gvwServices, "Select$" +
    e.Row.RowIndex.ToString()))
    e.Row.Style.Add("cursor", "pointer")
    End If
    End Sub

    Dinu, Aug 1, 2007
  4. On which line does the code hang...?
    That certainly shouldn't make any difference...

    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 1, 2007
  5. Dinu

    Dinu Guest

    hi

    my page has huge amount of data nearly(12500 records to be fetched
    from database) and so it is hanged........if i use paging its working.

    Thanks

    Dinu, Aug 2, 2007
  6. Sorted then... :)

    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 2, 2007