How to tell if a 'sub-application' is available for use

David

Hi all,

I have a site, C#, .NET 1.1, ASP.NET.

It is a CMS that I have been developing over a number of years now.

I will be building many 'add-on' projects, for example, a shopping basket,
blog etc. However, these have to be add-ons, not integrated. The CMS should
not immediately know about it, but use it if it is available.

I am looking for ideas or pointers on how to write this. Currently, I have a
page (or folder) in the CMS, and I have custom properties (at folder level
and again at page level). A custom property for example, would be a key of
"Shop" and a value of the location of the user control. This works fine, but
I would prefer to not have to know about the user control, if at all
possible. (The UC DLL will have been copied to the CMS BIN directory, is
there anyway I can use this knowledge to determine what UCs I have
available?)

My CMS is also using URL-ReWriting. This is causing me the biggest headache
in order to ensure that all the products in the shop are being
URL-ReWritten, but without necessarily knowing that the basket is available.

It is quite awkward to explain what I am trying to achieve, if I have not
given enough info, then please ask me and I will try and expand upon it.
--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.