How to upload and download....

Husam

Hi EveryBody:

I'm working with project in my company by using ASP.Net 2.0 that allow the
users to upload and download files to web site in the internet as backup. The
user will first upload his or her own files in the website that will save the
data immediatlly into database.

and when the user sign in into his or her account he can download his own
files.

My Question is:

How can I show the process of upload and download of files to and from the
database respectivelly?

I hered something about caching that First I have to cach data from database
after that I can download it from the web site itself not from the database.

also when I tried to use the following function it does not work:

My.Computer.Networing.Download("","")

because it needs parameter string contain the protocaol http: and the URL of
the file that I don,t have it in my web site?

any help or any redirection regarding this issue will be complletlly
appreicated

regard's

Husam