how to use 'aspnet_Membership_CreateUser' directly through T-SQL

Roberto Kohler

I would like to be able to use the stored procedure
'aspnet_Membership_CreateUser' directly through T-SQL code (instead of going
through .Net wrappers) because I need to automate the creation of hundreds
of users.

aspnet_Membership_CreateUser has among others the following parameters:
@Password, @PasswordSalt, @PasswordAnswer.

I assume that the @Password and @PasswordAnswer have to be encrypted using
the @PasswordSalt

I have been unable to find documentation that explains

1. how to create the passwordsalt or where to retrieve it from
2. how to hash/encrypt the password and the security answer.
Is there another SP that does that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roberto

Dominick Baier

Thats not documented. You can figure it out using Reflector.

Why not simply write an importer that calls Membership.AddUser instead of
working at SQL level??