How to use COM in Borland Turbo C++ Explorer?

shatol

Hi All,

I have a C# assembly registered with regasm.exe in the system. I need
to use this assembly via COM interop in a console application written
on Turbo C++ for Win32.
I added the TLB file and got the TLH and TLI files generated by the
Turbo C++.
So far so good, but when I tried to initialize the COM object as I
used to do in VC6 I got an error that I cannot overcome.

So there is line of code that works fine in VC6 but doesn't in Turbo C+
+:

_CutEnginePtr Calculator(__uuidof(CutEngine));

I receive the following error message:
[C++ Error] gncTestTurboCPP.cpp(20): E2108 Improper use of typedef
'_CutEnginePtr'

I would appreciate if anybody points out the way to fix the problem.

Thank you,
Oleg.

Alf P. Steinbach

* (e-mail address removed):
[OFF-TOPIC]

While your post is off-topic in this group because it does not actually
ask or answer a C++ question, please do not feel unwelcome. The best way
to introduce yourself here after you have spent time just reading other
people's posts (to get a feel for the group) is to either post a C++
question or to try answering someone else's. Also, check out the FAQ:
it has some great suggestions for appropriate groups to post to and how
to post, as well as tons of good advice about C++ programming.

C U L8R,

- Alf