how to use the fs command

anu

hi...
i am having a flash template and i am working on asp.net. in my flash template i have buttons.now i want these buttons to direct to diff pages which i have crated in asp.net. so in my action script window i have wriiten this code for one of the buttons:
on fs_command(press)
{
getURL("newpage.aspx","_self","POST");
}
is tihs correct???and where and what should i write in asp.net using the fs command?what event should be called and what code should i write to get these buttons working for me....thanking in advance.

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/8_0_0_0_0_0/dotnet-framework-aspnet.ht

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com

Sajjad Haider

hi

You cannot araise an event from flash script; you have to pass parameter and catch the parameter on page load and and call the related function.

on fs_command(press)
{
getURL("newpage.aspx?action=button1","_self","POST");
}

Page Load Event
if ( Request.QueryString["action"]=="button1" ) {
RelatedFunction();
}

Regards

Hyder

Samuel R. Neff

getURL is not using fscommand, it's directly calling the new page just
like submitting a form would normally do.

fscommand would be used when you need to communicate between Flash and
JavaScript. However, it's been deprecated in favor of the much better
ExternalInterface object.

HTH,

Sam

anu

hi hyder...

thank u so much for the reply...actually you had given me the above code if i wanted to pass any parameter.but i dont want to pass any parameter.i just want the flash button to redirect to the respective pages on the click of it.for that do i need to write any specific code in the load event of the page?please tell me.thanking in advance

From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/8_2007_10_0_0_1028500/how-to-use-the-fs-command.ht