How'd you link to a newsgroup?

Big Bill

a link from an html page I mean. I think I used to know this but I
forgot it.

BB
MFW Britpack www.extreme-positioning.co.uk
There is only one war, and it's not the rich against the poor,
the blacks against the whites, the Federation against the Borg,
or the Democrats versus the Republicans. It's those of us who
aren't complete idiots against those of us who are.

Greg Schmidt

a link from an html page I mean. I think I used to know this but I
forgot it.

Did you try searching Google for "how to link to a newsgroup"? I get a
million hits, and at least 3 of the first 10 look like they would answer
this.

POKO

a link from an html page I mean. I think I used to know this but I
forgot it.
<BR><center>
Open Your NewsReader Client

Kris

a link from an html page I mean. I think I used to know this but I
forgot it.
<BR><center>
Open Your NewsReader Client

I'd say the following is better:

alt.comp.freeware</a>, also <a
href="http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.comp.freeware"
title="alt.comp.freeware, archived at Google">archived at Google</a>

Alan D-W

--

Ah right, it has to centred, bold, size 3 and black, and then you can link
to an NG.

EightNineThree

POKO said:
<BR><center>
Open Your NewsReader Client

UGH!
How dare you befoul my eyes with such hideous markup!
I feel the sudden urge to take a shower.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, EightNineThree
UGH!
How dare you befoul my eyes with such hideous markup!
I feel the sudden urge to take a shower.

You are on a technical newsgroup. Please do not use the word "shower" again!
;-)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

Mark Parnell

Alan said:
Ah right, it has to centred, bold, size 3 and black, and then you can
link to an NG.

And it has to be done in deprecated markup, of course.

PeterMcC

nice.guy.nige said:
While the city slept, EightNineThree

You are on a technical newsgroup. Please do not use the word "shower"
again! ;-)

Ah hemm... may I quote?

"Now, make sure you wash your hands after you've finished playing with this
internet thing. It's filthy!"

nice.guy.nige 29 Nov 2001

rf

PeterMcC said:
Ah hemm... may I quote?

"Now, make sure you wash your hands after you've finished playing with this
internet thing. It's filthy!"

nice.guy.nige 29 Nov 2001

ROFLMBAO. Top rebut! Abase yourself ngn :)

Cheers
Richard.

Alan D-W

PeterMcC said:
"Now, make sure you wash your hands after you've finished playing with this
internet thing. It's filthy!"
Internet? That's not what my mother called it that awful day when I was 14.
Alan

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept said:
Ah hemm... may I quote?

"Now, make sure you wash your hands after you've finished playing
with this internet thing. It's filthy!"

nice.guy.nige 29 Nov 2001

LOL!

Well found, though I should point out that washing your hands and showering
are somewhat different!

Cheers,
Nige