HOWTO: Configure .Net 2.0 Website, SQLServer 2005, Reporting Servi

Guest

Should these 3 items, .Net 2.0 Website, SQLServer 2005, Reporting Services
2005. all reside on the same computer?

I know that the website issues a configuration error saying it can't find
certain assemblies listed in the <assemblies> section of the web.config file
(Microsoft.Reportviewer.Common, Microsoft.Reportviewer.ProcessingObjectModel,
Microsoft.Reportviewer.WebForms, ADODB) pertaining to the Reporting
Services. Also, Reporting Services uses a SQL Server database to store its
data. Therefore, web pages are dependent on reporting services assemblies,
and reporting services are dependent on a sql database.

Smokey Grindle

personall I'd have the SQL Server behind a firewall and the webserver in a
DMZ, but that is me... and this is an expensive solution because you have to
set it up like this

SQL -- |FIREWALL|--[DMZ {WEBSERVER}]--|Internet|