HttpWebRequest Post with ClientCertificates working in Debug and VS, but not working in IIS

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by calebmeii@gmail.com, Jun 29, 2007.

    Anyone's help is really appreciated!

    VS05 with .net 2.0, on Windows XP/2003 IIS 5/6, on ASP,

    When post a HttpWebRequest with client ceritificate

    X509Certificate cert =
    X509Certificate.CreateFromCertFile(certFile);

    Response.Write("Loaded cert: " + cert.GetName() + ": " +
    cert.GetIssuerName() + ", Hash:" + cert.GetCertHashString());

    HttpWebRequest objRequest =
    (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(url);

    objRequest.ClientCertificates.Add(cert);

    It works well in C# windows program, or ASP.net. In ASP.net, when it
    is in debug mode, it works.

    However, when I put the aspx into wwwroot, then the client certificate
    is not being sent along with the request. Given that I have printed
    out the cert info, and multiple attempts on permission, it seems like
    HTTPWebRequest is not sending the client certificate.

    Anyone has similar issue? Any tools that can assist me to troubleshoot
    the issue?

    Really appreciated!

    Cheers,
    Calebmei