I am a apprentice in Java

Torain

Hello,everyone.
I am a freshman to Java and this discussion group.
I am looking forward to communicating with all of you.

In fact,I come here today on the purpose of getting some advice about
learning Java.
You know,there are numerous packages of classes of methods in the
language,I wonder how to deal with them.
I don't know when I should use which one of them?
Would you please show me how to learn an object-oriented language like
Java?
Thx in advance.

Danno

Torain said:
Hello,everyone.
I am a freshman to Java and this discussion group.
I am looking forward to communicating with all of you.

In fact,I come here today on the purpose of getting some advice about
learning Java.
You know,there are numerous packages of classes of methods in the
language,I wonder how to deal with them.
I don't know when I should use which one of them?
Would you please show me how to learn an object-oriented language like
Java?
Thx in advance.

That's like asking how do you learn about living your life. Just
start.

Try here first: http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

Mark Space

Torain said:
Hello,everyone.
I am a freshman to Java and this discussion group.
I am looking forward to communicating with all of you.

In fact,I come here today on the purpose of getting some advice about
learning Java.
You know,there are numerous packages of classes of methods in the
language,I wonder how to deal with them.
I don't know when I should use which one of them?
Would you please show me how to learn an object-oriented language like
Java?
Thx in advance.

Google is your friend.
http://www.google.com/search?q=java...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

Start here
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/

Guest

I am a freshman in java also, and as a apprentice, i begin at the book
named thiking in java.

then i will make a little project by java. By the way i uesd c++
brfore.