i have java problems in IE 6

vortex93

hello,
i have IE 6 and all the things that need for java in Security Settings
are Enable
and i still have problems with java like:
when i want to open a window that have javascript as link[eg:
javascript:OpenWindow('/en/bejeweled/game.htm','spg', '','','') ]
it's not works...
or like,
i want to download a file that i need to enter a code that need java
it's not work too..

please help me!

Evertjan.

wrote on 30 nov 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
hello,
i have IE 6 and all the things that need for java in Security Settings
are Enable

Java has nothing to do with javascript
[exept part of the name]
and i still have problems with java like:
when i want to open a window that have javascript as link[eg:
javascript:OpenWindow('/en/bejeweled/game.htm','spg', '','','') ]
it's not works...

Show your exact code and tell us what the problem is, you are having.

"it's not works" is not enough,
what error code are you receiving from your browser,
and what is your browser's name and version?
i want to download a file that i need to enter a code that need java
it's not work too..

Please refrase, I do not understand.

vortex93

Evertjan. said:
wrote on 30 nov 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
hello,
i have IE 6 and all the things that need for java in Security Settings
are Enable

Java has nothing to do with javascript
[exept part of the name]
and i still have problems with java like:
when i want to open a window that have javascript as link[eg:
javascript:OpenWindow('/en/bejeweled/game.htm','spg', '','','') ]
it's not works...

Show your exact code and tell us what the problem is, you are having.

"it's not works" is not enough,
what error code are you receiving from your browser,
and what is your browser's name and version?
i want to download a file that i need to enter a code that need java
it's not work too..

Please refrase, I do not understand.

K,
problem 1: the full code is:
javascript:OpenWindow('/en/bejeweled/game.htm','spg', '','','') and the
problem that this code need to open a window but nothing happen and i
don't get an error at all, my browser name is: Microsoft Internet
Explorer and version is 6.0.

problem 2: you know site named rapidshare? in this site you need to
enter a code before download a file.. the code is based on
javascript...

i hop you understand now.

Evertjan. said:
wrote on 30 nov 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
hello,
i have IE 6 and all the things that need for java in Security
Settings are Enable

Java has nothing to do with javascript
[exept part of the name]
and i still have problems with java like:
when i want to open a window that have javascript as link[eg:
javascript:OpenWindow('/en/bejeweled/game.htm','spg', '','','') ]
it's not works...

Show your exact code and tell us what the problem is, you are having.

"it's not works" is not enough,
what error code are you receiving from your browser,
and what is your browser's name and version?
i want to download a file that i need to enter a code that need
java it's not work too..

Please refrase, I do not understand.

K,

What is that?

problem 1: the full code is:
javascript:OpenWindow('/en/bejeweled/game.htm','spg', '','','')

Well that cwertainly will not work, as it has to be inside scrit tags or
in an eventtag, like onmousedown='...'
and the
problem that this code need to open a window but nothing happen

OpenWindow() is not a Javascript internal function.
Could it be a function you defined?
and i don't get an error at all,

I doubt that, unless you did not put the above inside one of the two.
my browser name is: Microsoft Internet
Explorer and version is 6.0.

problem 2: you know site named rapidshare?
No.

in this site you need to
enter a code before download a file.. the code is based on
javascript...

A code like a password?
I think I do not want to know, I just want to talk about and perhaps
help you with simple javascript.
i hop you understand now.

No.

I never hop, I walk.

Concluding: Please show your exact and complete code, so complete that
it sould work, but without irrelevant parts.

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
problem 1: the full code is:
javascript:OpenWindow('/en/bejeweled/game.htm','spg', '','','') and the
problem that this code need to open a window but nothing happen and i
don't get an error at all, my browser name is: Microsoft Internet
Explorer and version is 6.0.

Right code could be :

load</a>

Correct code would be :

onclick="open.window(this.href,'spg');
return false;">load</a>
or :

onclick="open.window('','spg');">load</a>

or in html non strict :

which gives quite exactly same result as all these JS added

ASM

ASM a écrit :
Correct code would be :

onclick="open.window(this.href,'spg');

Heu ... non !

onclick="window.open( ... );
return false;">load</a>
or :

onclick="open.window('','spg');">load</a>

onclick="window.open('','spg');">load</a>

Evertjan.

ASM wrote on 01 dec 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
ASM a écrit :

Heu ... non !

onclick="window.open( ... );

onclick="window.open('','spg');">load</a>

onclick='window.open(this.href,this.target);'>load</a>

ASM

Evertjan. a écrit :
ASM wrote on 01 dec 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:

onclick='window.open(this.href,this.target);'>load</a>

Why do you (once more) correct my corrected proposition ?
It doesn't work with you ?

Evertjan. a écrit :

Why do you (once more) correct my corrected proposition ?
It doesn't work with you ?

I do not correct you, Stephane, why would you think that?

I just put another option.

More extensive, showing the versatility of javascript:

<script type='text/javascript'>
var z='2006/WORLD/europe/12/01/uk.spywrap/'
</script>

onclick='window.open(this.href+z,this.target);return false;'>
spywrap or cnn homepage, depending on availability of JS</a>

ASM

Evertjan. a écrit :
I do not correct you, Stephane, why would you think that?

Usually when I put code or fragments in answer it is to give a correction.
I just put another option.

And you've forgotten : 'or :'
so I see that as a correction.
spywrap or cnn homepage, depending on availability of JS</a>

because 'z' (spywrap) needs JavaScript I presume.

Evertjan. a écrit :

Usually when I put code or fragments in answer it is to give a
correction.

And you've forgotten : 'or :'
so I see that as a correction.

Of course,
you are free to see it as you like,
and I, I take that as a correction.
because 'z' (spywrap) needs JavaScript I presume.

Certainly, beware of accidental spywrap,
when responding on and/or in JS code on usenet.

All spywrapping paper should have this warning
printed on it with invisible ink in inkjetted upperCase Arial.

John W. Kennedy

Evertjan. said:
wrote on 30 nov 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
hello,
i have IE 6 and all the things that need for java in Security Settings
are Enable

Java has nothing to do with javascript
[exept part of the name]

You know, this is going to have to be reworded when Java 6 comes out.