I installed VS.NET 2003 today...... but cannot work on Smart device applications

Microsoft News Server

In my device manager the device called Virtual PC Application Services seems
to be not started.
It says " The software for this device has been blocked from starting
because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware
vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)"

I want to develop a custom software for Palm Treo 600/650....

I understand that Treo has Palm OS and whereas .NET has emulators for
PocetPC and Windows CE OS only....are inter migratable.......

Your valuable information and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

regards,
Vinu

Vinu Baby

i found the answer.......... it is because SP2 on XP prevents simulator or
virtual device application from starting.

u need to edit the boot.ini file and remove the noexecute option and add
execute option to it

thanks
vinu