IE9 allow you to set the __proto__ property?

Eric

My understanding is that as of IE8, pretty much all browsers except
for IE would allow you to set the __proto__ property of an object.
Has this changed with IE9?

-Eric

Martin Honnen

Eric said:
My understanding is that as of IE8, pretty much all browsers except
for IE would allow you to set the __proto__ property of an object.
Has this changed with IE9?

I tried

var foo = { bar: 'baz' };
foo.__proto__ = { foobar: 'test' };
foo.foobar

with IE 9 release candidate, that gives "undefined". So I don't think
the new script engine in IE 9 implements any __proto__ "magic", like
Spidermonkey does.