if condition in process without sensitivity list

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by ALuPin, Jul 3, 2008.

  1. ALuPin

    ALuPin Guest

    Hi,

    I have the following process without sensitivity list:

    p_trigger: process
    begin
    for i in 0 to 10 loop

    wait until ls_trigger='1';

    if ls_falling_edge_enable='1' then
    wait until ls_trigger='0';
    end if;

    end loop;
    wait;
    end process p_trigger;

    Will the if branch be entered if "ls_falling_edge_enable" becomes
    '1' ?
    Thank you for your opinion.

    Rgds
    Andre

    ALuPin, Jul 3, 2008

  2. ALuPin

    KJ Guest

    Only if 'ls_falling_edge_enable' happens to be '1' at the time when
    ls_trigger *changes* to a '1'. If it is not then the if condition is false
    the loop goes back around and waits until ls_trigger changes to a '1' again.

    KJ

    KJ, Jul 3, 2008