iframes and scrolling in FireFox

parksch2

I have a bunch of iframes on my page that contain ads. The iframes are
a specific size and scrolling is turned off, yet when I hover over them
in FireFox and use the mouse scroll wheel, the content in the iframe
moves around and sometimes even disappears. Is there any way to stop
this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
I have a bunch of iframes on my page that contain ads. The iframes are
a specific size and scrolling is turned off, yet when I hover over them
in FireFox and use the mouse scroll wheel, the content in the iframe
moves around and sometimes even disappears.

So the file you are including in the iframe is bigger than the
dimensions of the frame. At least the user can still see the rest of the
ad (if they really want to).
Is there any way to stop
this behavior?

Don't use iframes.

parksch2

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the quick response. To answer your question, the iframe is
fine when the page loads as the content is actually the same size as
the iframe. The only problem is when the user mouses over the iframe
and then uses the scrolling wheel on the mouse. The ad basically
disappears and there is empty space in the iframe. I'd love to take out
the iframes but unfortunately that's not going to happen in the near
future. Is there any way to lock this frame down?

Thanks again.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, <[email protected]> said:

Please quote the relevant part(s) of the message you are replying to.
Google Groups is not good at this, but it *is* possible (or better, get
a real newsreader if you can).
Thanks for the quick response. To answer your question, the iframe is
fine when the page loads as the content is actually the same size as
the iframe.

If that is truly the case, I would be inclined to call it a bug in
Firefox.
The only problem is when the user mouses over the iframe
and then uses the scrolling wheel on the mouse. The ad basically
disappears and there is empty space in the iframe.

Do you have an example URL?
I'd love to take out
the iframes but unfortunately that's not going to happen in the near
future.

Why not?
Is there any way to lock this frame down?

No. Ultimately on the web, power rests with the end user. There's
nothing you as an author can (or should) do about it.

Jedi Fans

Mark said:
Previously in alt.html, <[email protected]> said:

Please quote the relevant part(s) of the message you are replying to.
Google Groups is not good at this, but it *is* possible (or better, get
a real newsreader if you can).

If that is truly the case, I would be inclined to call it a bug in
Firefox.

Do you have an example URL?

Why not?

No. Ultimately on the web, power rests with the end user. There's
nothing you as an author can (or should) do about it.
Firefox does not do this if there is not white space or br's underneath
the content...