impossible to download a .jar file

Guest

hello

sorry for my poor english.. i'm french

i'd like to download the tdmini.jar file (not to use the automatic
installation, just to have the .jar file). i can't find this tdmini.jar in
my hard disks and i'd like to have it

the jnlp file is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<jnlp codebase="http://www.szkot.com/software/jnlp/"
href="tdmini/launch.jnlp?sessid=ed14c21a18c112e32f60a6a66b6d0dbf"
cache="no"><information><title>TachoDownloader-Mini</title>
<vendor>Szkot.pl & com</vendor>
<homepage href="http://www.szkot.pl" />
<description>opis</description>
<icon href="default" />
<icon kind="splash" href="http://redpill.pl/jnlp/tacho.png" />
</information>
<security><all-permissions />
</security>
<resources cache="no"><j2se href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se"
version="1.4+" />
<jar download="eager" href="/software/jnlp_serve/tdmini|tdmini.jar"
main="true" />
<extension href="tdmini/launch_libs.jnlp" name="libs" cache="no" />
</resources>
<application-desc
main-class="jbross.tdmini.Main"><argument>ed14c21a18c112e32f60a6a66b6d0dbf</argument>
<argument>en</argument>
<argument>www.szkot.com</argument>
<argument>%3Ca+style%3D%22MARGIN%3A+0px%22+href%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.szkot.com%2Fshops%2Fdetails%2Freader%22%3E%3Cimg+height%3D%22243%22+width%3D%22199%22+border%3D%220%22+alt%3D%22%22+src%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.szkot.pl%2Fapp%2Fwebroot%2Ffiles%2Fuploaded%2FImage%2Fshop%2Freader_ad_att.png%22+%2F%3E%3C%2Fa%3E</argument>
</application-desc>
</jnlp>

how can i download by hand tdmini.jar?? i've tried the following address:
http://www.szkot.com/software/jnlp_serve/tdmini|tdmini.jar

but it doesn't work

Please help me

thanks for your answer!!

Martin Gregorie

i'd like to download the tdmini.jar file (not to use the automatic
installation, just to have the .jar file). i can't find this tdmini.jar
in my hard disks and i'd like to have it
I wouldn't put your English down. What you want is clear. I've seen so-
called native English speakers write with much less clarity. Anyway:

- for starters, search your hard drive to see where the download put
tdmini.jar. As you're running Windows, the Explorer search tool
should find it (or not) given enough time. Apologies if you already
know this

- most Web browsers let you right click on the jar file link and save a
copy. In Firefox use 'Copy Link Location' in the popup menu. The <jnlp>
'codebase' attribute in your XML shows where to point the browser.

Guest

Martin said:
I wouldn't put your English down. What you want is clear. I've seen
so- called native English speakers write with much less clarity.
:)

- for starters, search your hard drive to see where the download put
tdmini.jar. As you're running Windows, the Explorer search tool
should find it (or not) given enough time. Apologies if you already
know this

yes. then, i didn't find any tdmini.jar

as i said before, the link seems:
http://www.szkot.com/software/jnlp_serve/tdmini|tdmini.jar

it doesn't work

i don't know what to do

Martin Gregorie

yes. then, i didn't find any tdmini.jar
OK.

as i said before, the link seems:
http://www.szkot.com/software/jnlp_serve/tdmini|tdmini.jar
It looks, from the Firefox results, that:

http://www.szkot.com/software/jnlp_serve

is an empty directory. Either that or the permissions in it do not allow
its contents to be seen.
i don't know what to do
It seems possible that Szkot, evidently a transport company not a
software source, doesn't want you to have a permanent copy. The fact that
cache="no" is specified tends to make that quite likely.

I'd suggest that you contact them and ask whether you can have a
permanent copy. If they agree, ask them how you can download it.

Roedy Green

how can i download by hand tdmini.jar?? i've tried the following address:
http://www.szkot.com/software/jnlp_serve/tdmini|tdmini.jar

first of all, try downloading your jar with a browser or with the
DOWNLOAD utility (see
http://mindprod.com/products1.html#FILETRANSFER).

Make sure the MIME type is correct with
http://mindprod.com/applet/mimecheck.html

Once that is ok, compare your JNLP line by line with the samples at
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jnlp.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Here is a point of no return after which warming becomes unstoppable
and we are probably going to sail right through it.
It is the point at which anthropogenic (human-caused) warming triggers
huge releases of carbon dioxide from warming oceans, or similar releases
of both carbon dioxide and methane from melting permafrost, or both.
Most climate scientists think that point lies not far beyond 2°C (4°F) C hotter."
~ Gwynne Dyer

jolz

how can i download by hand tdmini.jar??

You probably already have it on your drive. Open java control panel and
under "Temporary Internet Files" check temporary directory location. Go
there and find the jar. It will be named differently (something like
43bf5e36-299b2273). I think the easier way to find correct file is to
check its size (java control panel will show size of every file in the
cache).

Guest

jolz said:
You probably already have it on your drive. Open java control panel
and under "Temporary Internet Files" check temporary directory
location. Go there and find the jar. It will be named differently
(something like 43bf5e36-299b2273). I think the easier way to find
correct file is to check its size (java control panel will show size
of every file in the cache).

thanks a lot.
have you tried ? so please try and see..
when i try it (after i emptied the directory and saw the dates of new files
added), it gives a java message like: "unable to lauch the application"
i also tried to add .jar extension to the file: the message is similar

what can i do to use the .jar somewhere in a local drive without any
internet connection?

thanks

Guest

burhen said:

it uses several files, in different directories: when i try to delete one
when the jws application is running it says i can't delete it.
how to use them?

jolz

what can i do to use the .jar somewhere in a local drive without any
internet connection?

There's a difference between dowloading a single jar like you asked
before and running the application. It may contain several jars and
other resources. It is possible to manually idetify every file (the same
way you probably already idetified tdmini.jar), put it in right
directory, specify appropriate command line and run the application. But
it will be much easier to simply ask the developer like Martin suggested.

Roedy Green

what can i do to use the .jar somewhere in a local drive without any
internet connection?

localhost: