In the matter of Herb Schildt

spinoza1111

My blog post at http://spinoza1111.wordpress.com/2009/09/25/in-the-matter-of-herb-schildt/
summarizes my views and will be extended when I have the time with a
detailed commentary on Peter Seebach's and Clive Feather's
disorganized and nasty attacks on Herb. I will host a discussion of
this article at my blog.

I will be somewhat less generous than Peter Seebach has been in
moderating comments at comp.lang.c.moderated. Pure expressions of
hatred such as Harlan's and quertyuiop will find their authors in my
spam queue.

However, no comment whatsoever by my targets, Seebach or Feather, will
be censored, and no matter what they say, they will not be placed in
the spam area. This is in part because of Peter Seebach's
professionalism as the moderator of comp.lang.c.

Indeed, it appears to me that Seebach is maturing. I encourage this
process, and as part of both Seebach's and Feather's growing up they
both need to post a public apology to Schildt. Hopefully we can get
their with this "peace process": that is my long term goal.

I won't look at posts in response to this since I enjoy overmuch the
war of the buffoons here, helping has it always had me to sharpen my
ability to speak truth to power. I will endeavor instead to reply to
posts at my own blog.

Mensanator

[...]

"their" ?

gwowen

I won't look at posts in response to this
Post here, read here.

On the plus side, if the posters who argue with spinoza did so
exclusively on spinoza's blog, rather than on comp.lang.c,
it would improve the level of discourse in both places.

Colonel Harlan Sanders

Wheir. Homeirik nod. Hwateveir.

Can't even acknowledge a simple error without implying it's an
indicator of genius. Your self-regard has no limit.

Took three days for you to violate that undertaking.

No one cares about this "matter of Herb Schildt". I doubt Schildt
cares. Trying to turn a couple of reviews of a book TEN YEARS AGO into
a controversy is, quixotic, or less charitably, totally fucking
insane.

You only take up cudgels for Schildt because it's a way to bait
Heathfield and others. Sadly they rise to the bait and so it goes on,
and on, and on.

You'll be back here with another "C is a sucky language!"; "You're all
tools of the corporate overlords!"; "I was anal probed by aliens"; "I
was buddies with John Nash" post here in a few weeks when you get
bored with debating straw men in your blog.

[...]

I mean no such thing, Colonel.
Took three days for you to violate that undertaking.

Actually, I stay out of this intellectual slum for long periods of
time, because creeps like you sicken me.
No one cares about this "matter of Herb Schildt".  I doubt Schildt
cares. Trying to turn a couple of reviews of a book TEN YEARS AGO into
a controversy is, quixotic, or less charitably, totally fucking
insane.

Schildt cares.
You only take up cudgels for Schildt because it's a way to bait
Heathfield and others. Sadly they rise to the bait and so it goes on,
and on, and on.

I'm not here to bait anyone. I like discussing code collegially, but I
find that these discussions are continually disrupted by redneck
morons. Like you, Kaintuck.
You'll be back here with another "C is a sucky language!"; "You're all
tools of the corporate overlords!"; "I was anal probed by aliens"; "I
was buddies with John Nash" post here in a few weeks when you get
bored with debating straw men in your blog.

Well, Hoss, the fact is that Nash could not live in the sort of
shithole where you live, because that's how the local boys think,
bein' dumb bastards who are today jest too cowardly to continue
lynchin' Nigras. Being ignorant, the boys all con-flate (re-duce,
hoss) knowledge to conspiracy theorizing.