including .specification files (or other "dot" files) in RakePackage on Linux/Mac OS X

Nathan Beyer

I've found that my instantiation of the Rake Package task for
packaging up a Rails app isn't including the '.specification' files in
the '/vendor/gems/**/*' pattern. I've recreated this on Linux and Mac
OS X.

It seems the issue is that the files, which are copied from their
origin to the target folder, are missing the files. I'm guessing this
is because of the underlying copy commands, but haven't dug into it
yet.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there anyway to get Rake to pickup
'.specification' or any other "dot" files?