Installing numpy on 2.7 (OS X 10.7)

jefflovejapan

I'm following the instructions given <href="http://www.scipy.org/
Installing_SciPy/Mac_OS_X">here</href>, but it isn't working.
Specifically, I'm getting:

Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/
Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such
file or directory

even though I completed the two downloads from github successfully.
Any ideas why this wouldn't be working, or any ideas where I can look
for better instructions?

Benjamin Kaplan

--

As the error says, it can't find the setup.py file. My guess would be
you forgot to cd to the newly created directory. You have to "cd

jefflovejapan

I'm following the instructions given <href="http://www.scipy.org/
Installing_SciPy/Mac_OS_X">here</href>, but it isn't working.
Specifically, I'm getting:
Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/
Contents/MacOS/Python: can't open file 'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such
file or directory
even though I completed the two downloads from github successfully.
Any ideas why this wouldn't be working, or any ideas where I can look
for better instructions?
--

As the error says, it can't find the setup.py file. My guess would be
you forgot to cd to the newly created directory. You have to "cd
numpy" (or cd scipy if you're trying to install that) first to get
into the directory with the install script.

Of course! Thanks a lot.

Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello, I have the same problem but i don't know what you mean by cd numpy... I'm very new to Terminal and command lines so it is so hard for me... hope you could answer me as soon as possible, thanks!