Interpreter to work well with other programming languages

Rafael El Frederico

What would be some good interpreters for the Ruby programming language?
I need some for .Net, PHP, Java, possibly Python, and others. I'm trying
to bypass the compiler option. I recognize there other different types
of interpreters out there. Feedback please?

Robert Klemme

What would be some good interpreters for the Ruby programming language?
I need some for .Net, PHP, Java, possibly Python, and others. I'm trying
to bypass the compiler option. I recognize there other different types
of interpreters out there. Feedback please?

Your question is all too unclear. Do you need an interpreter for Ruby
or for .Net / PHP / Java / Python? Are you looking for one that can do
all of them or only few of them? What are you trying to achieve,
interpret Java code?

robert

Rafael El Frederico

I need a Ruby Interpreter which works well with all other kinds of
programming languages. These would potentially include C#, C, C++, Java,
PHP, Perl, Python, and other ones if possible.

The Ruby Interpreter has to be expandable and easy to use or implement.

I want it to interpret the other languages so that it works along well
with Ruby. I'm trying to build the main format of the program in Ruby,
while other fellow developers and programmers are to program in
different languages like C#, PHP, Perl, etc.

It needs to be capable of interpreting various other programming
languages, but be a Ruby Programmed Interpreter, not a Java Net Beans
Interpreter. Whereas, the interpreter would interpret other languages
while working inside of Ruby programming, but not to be compiled or
anything.

Rafael El Frederico

Rafael said:
It needs to be capable of interpreting various other programming
languages, but be a Ruby Programmed Interpreter, not a Java Net Beans
Interpreter. Whereas, the interpreter would interpret other languages
while working inside of Ruby programming, but not to be compiled or
anything.

Basically, I'm trying to completely program with other programmers
without having to use a compiler, having Ruby as the main programming
language. I want to entirely avoid loading time from a compiler for the
other programming languages, which will be used in the programming
process. I'd prefer the Interpreter to be a ruby one, instead of a java
one like the NetBeans interpreter and compilers I have seen. The loading
time for programming on it is atrocious, based upon my opinion.
Although, it is a wonderful branded program.

Robert Klemme

I need a Ruby Interpreter which works well with all other kinds of
programming languages. These would potentially include C#, C, C++, Java,
PHP, Perl, Python, and other ones if possible.

The Ruby Interpreter has to be expandable and easy to use or implement.

I want it to interpret the other languages so that it works along well
with Ruby. I'm trying to build the main format of the program in Ruby,
while other fellow developers and programmers are to program in
different languages like C#, PHP, Perl, etc.

It needs to be capable of interpreting various other programming
languages, but be a Ruby Programmed Interpreter, not a Java Net Beans
Interpreter.Whereas, the interpreter would interpret other languages
while working inside of Rubyprogramming, but not to be compiled or
anything.

I doubt this beast exists. You can use JRuby and then essentially call
arbitrary Java code. I am not sure whether there is a similar thing for
.Net - but I am almost certain that there is no such thing as an engine
which will interpret .Net *and* Java code equally well at the same time
- let alone all the other languages you mention.

I doubt the usefulness as well. All in one solution tend to get bloated
and have all sorts of issues caused by the different worlds they try to
melt into one.

Your time and money is probably better invested by either using a
distributed approach (i.e. inter process communication like with CORBA
or WebServices) or teach the other guys Ruby or Python to use that
instead of their favorite language. My 0.02EUR...

Kind regards

robert