Intranet - Printing ID Badges (Bit OT)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Simon Harris, Nov 17, 2005.

  1. Simon Harris

    Simon Harris Guest

    Hi All,

    Apologies as this is rather OT, but I thought one of you may have
    experienced this.

    I have been tasked with building an Intranet, part of which will manage
    club
    membership.

    I have two parts that I am struggling with:

    a) How to print membership cards from a web interface

    b) How to take members photos from a web interface

    Ok, so perhaps a web interface is not the ideal setup, but I want to keep
    it
    web based as much as possible.

    Any ideas/concepts will be much appreciated!

    Regards,

    Simon.

    Simon Harris, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Simon Harris

    George Guest

    a) Possible, Look on how to setup printer for Windows NT service in Knowledge Base on Microsoft.com, then you can use PDF generators (like Active PDF ) to actually create the card and print. We have done exactly same thing for our HR department.

    b) Where do you want to take picture? At the users desktop i assume. Then apparently it must be equipped with the camera. Small ActiveX component easy to write (Most of those Cameras compatible with TWAIN drivers so you can write it on VB).

    Or may be Macromedia Flash can do that as well. (do not know).
    And since it's intranet application it should be no problem.

    George.

    George, Nov 17, 2005