<Invalid Application Pool> under IIS website - properties dialog b

Guest

Hi,

Was wondering if you could help me out with regards to a server that
I'm trying to troubleshoot...

Basically we have a windows 2003 load-balanced server that has got
sharepoint and mcms installed.

The other day, I was about to change the access settings for a specific
virtual folder for MCMS, when I noticed that the Application Pool for
the website that I was about to change has the value <Invalid
Application Pool>. I've tried checking the remaining websites sitting
on the server, and it has the invalid application pool selected. I know
that the website that I'm going to fix is using the DefaultAppPool with
its correct settings and user access.

I've also tried creating a new website, but the invalid app pool is
still there.

I've tried doing an iisreset on the server, and it did not work. I've
also tried the iisapp.vbs command line, but apparently, the w3wp.exe is
not working, but the funny thing is, whenever you browse to a
webserver, it works.

Please help!

Thank you!
one